To increase your chances of overcoming cancer at any stage, here are the ten principles for your body, mind, and spirit that have proven to be most effective. Basically, if you embrace these key strategies for establishing a healthful lifestyle, you will have a way higher chance of healing cancer—simply banishing it from your life so that it never comes back again.
Many people with cancer opt to have surgery and chemotherapy or radiation, conventional treatments that address the physical aspect of overcoming cancer, without similarly treating the other parts of themselves—their minds, emotions, and souls. Those who choose to opt out of chemo or radiation may be substituting an alternative therapy in its place to address the symptoms of cancer. Meeting our nutritional needs and avoiding toxicity is just as important.
Furthermore, my perspective is that we are not fully healed unless all of us is healed, inside and out. Disease is created energetically before it manifests in the body, so we need to address mind and spirit along with body. The goal is to ensure that cancer doesn’t come back once it has been physically eradicated.
Instead of letting an episode of cancer destroy you, you can allow it to serve as positive motivation to change. Think of cancer (or simply confronting the prospect of cancer) as an opportunity to clean up your diet and lifestyle and form a closer relationship with God, which is the ultimate power we could ever need in our lives!
Let’s begin with a look at the seven key physical principles.
Principles for Healing Your Body
1. Nourishment with fresh, organic, real nutrients. Nourish your body with nutrient-rich, noncarcinogenic foods and beverages. Follow the Cancer Diet model and recipes in this book. Changing your diet WILL change your life.
From growing up in Australia with an indigenous, nature-wise culture around me, I learned that freshly picked food is the most healthful. When we can go out to our backyard and pick a fruit, vegetable, leaf, or herb straight from the bush, tree, or vine it grows on, as it comes to the table it’s still alive with the vital energy we need to thrive and extremely nutrient-rich.
Most of us don’t have gardens of our own anymore—over 50 percent of the world population now live in cities. The next best way to eat fresh produce after picking it ourselves is to go to our local farms or farmers’ markets for as seasonal and as local foods as possible. When food is shipped to a supermarket, whether it travels around the world or across the nation, it loses some of its nutritional value and energy. Do a test for yourself, if you can and see what you can feel. Compare the taste of a local, freshly picked apple with that of a transported apple picked a few weeks ago. It’s fascinating to observe the difference in taste and energy between a local vegetable and a vegetable shipped in from another state.
Its also important to buy organic produce. Farmers grow a lot of foods these days with pesticides, so loads of chemicals are being absorbed by fruits and vegetables through their roots as well as through their leaves and peels when they are being sprayed. These chemicals deplete them of their nutrients and makes them toxic. Wash your produce thoroughly in clean water to get rid of any possible chemical residue on it!
The truth is that most of us aren’t able to purchase foods with perfectly intact nutrients; plus, a lot of us have digestive systems that are not absorbing all the nutrition they could be. This certainly was the case for me in my teens and early twenties. After years of eating processed foods and taking laxatives instead of eating fiber, I had compacted waste stuck to the walls of my gut that was inhibiting me from absorbing nutrients from the fruits and vegetables I ate.
When I committed myself to healing, I researched ways to put high amounts of nutrition in my body as quickly as possible. I knew that to boost my immune system—to support it so that it could play its role in healing my body—I would have to essentially feast on nutrients. Having deprived my body of proper nutrition for many years, I felt malnourished. Well-fed but starved. My body didn’t have the nutrient resources it needed to function properly and keep me well.
Hidden malnourishment is one of the reasons people overeat. Nutrient deficiency is an epidemic right now. Because of hunger that is not being assuaged, people respond by eating more processed foods. They fill up on calories and crave sugar and fat. Their hunger and dietary choices are in a vicious cycle that can only be interrupted by consumption of nutrient-dense food.
By eating as locally and seasonally as possible, I was able to ensure that my food had a high nutritional value. But I wanted to do more to promote healing. From research, I learned that an extremely fast way to get the vitamins and phytochemicals we need is to drink fresh juices. For me, the alternative would have been to have a qualified health-care practitioner give me an antioxidant-rich vitamin drip from an IV, but I don’t like needles and the cost was prohibitive. Intuitively, I knew that through daily juicing my cells would be nourished and detoxified.
Every time I had a juice, I imagined it as liquid medicine going into my blood stream and pumping energy straight into my cells. I visualized cancer cells and my cravings for junk food being forced out of my body. I knew that the nutrients I was taking in were helping me create new cells and build a new body.
2. Incorporate the top 15 cancer-healing foods into your daily diet. These ingredients are filled with many antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that inhibit tumor growth and help make the body inhospitable to cancer. See Chapter 2, for more details about:
· Broccoli sprouts
· Dark leafy greens (bok choy, cilantro, kale, parsley, spinach, and watercress)
· Flaxseed (aka linseed)
You may also wish to take dietary supplements of certain healing nutrients (see Chapter 3 in Cancer-Free with Food).
3. Hydrate with plenty of purified water. Clean drinking water is so important! Tap water is filled with toxic pollutants, including chlorine and even pharmaceutical drugs. Your body needs to stay well hydrated to function at its best.
4. Detox. Help your body to cleanse itself of excess toxicity, which suppresses the immune system. Detoxing methods, which might include hot baths, saunas, dry brushing the skin, colonics, or taking nutritional supplements to support your liver and other organs of elimination, will allow your immune system to do its job better. (See Chapter 7 in Cancer-Free with Food.)
5. Reduce toxic exposure to carcinogens. Carcinogens are substances capable of causing cancer to grow in living tissue. This includes chemicals in processed foods, like preservatives, additives, and artificial flavorings. When you follow the Cancer-Free with Food model, sticking to an organic, whole-food, plant-rich diet, you won’t be consuming any of these. You could also be exposed to carcinogens in your environment, including from your workplace, your household, or pollution in the air. Medication treatments that suppress the immune system are carcinogenic. Because carcinogens affect our DNA they should be avoided as much as possible! (See Chapter 4 in Cancer-Free with Food.)
6. Reduce your exposure to electromagnetic chaos. Chaotic electromagnetic fields (EMFs) radiate energy that stresses your cells, weakens the immune system, and interferes with the proper function of the brain and nervous system. To avoid them you need to spend less time on your cellphone, being immersed in WI-FI signals, sitting near a TV, at the computer, and under florescent lights. (See Chapter 4 in Cancer-Free with Food.)
7. Spend as much time in nature as possible. Green nature and fresh air will help to balance the effects of pollution you are exposed to. Walk barefoot to ground yourself and be sure look at look at trees and bushes (greens instead of screens).
8. Sleep, rest, and relax. Adequate sleep is crucial for healing. Make sure to get at least eight to ten hours a night if you are healing cancer. And if you are stressed out a majority of the time, how do you expect the body to cope with that? It puts a high a demand on your energy. Rest and relaxation needs to be scheduled in your calendar, so you have some time allocated for it every day. When healing cancer, do not skip it.
Principles for Healing Your Mind
9. Upgrade your thoughts. Positive thoughts will support your healing process and keep your immune system strong. Negative thoughts will weaken your immune system. (See Chapter 10 in Cancer-Free with Food.)
Principles for Healing Your Spirit
10. Pray. Incorporating prayer into your life will improve your spiritual relationship with yourself and with your higher power. As emotional wounds and soul wounds heal, you will experience more ease and grace. God and self-love are powerful. (See Chapter 10 in Cancer-Free with Food.)
Principles for Cancer Prevention
The same principles apply to cancer prevention as to cancer healing. If you take care of your diet by incorporating more anti-cancer foods and avoiding carcinogens and toxins, you are taking care of your body in the best way possible. You are supporting your immune system.
Monitor your thoughts, too, to ensure you are thinking life-supporting, positive thoughts. This will help you be strong emotionally and support you in building a healthful lifestyle.
And do not forget your spiritual side. Your friendships, your family, and your faith can sustain you and help you remain healthy too.
by liana werner-gray
Hi. I am a Health researcher bringing you honest information about cancer healing treatments and foods that kill (and cause) cancer! I love diving into the scientific studies that show this research.